Trusted Tester - U.S. Citizenship Required
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
Main location: United States, ALL
Position ID: J0823-1386
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI Federal is searching for the next member to join its accessibility community as a Trusted Tester.
In this role you will be part of a government client-facing consulting team responsible for providing Section 508 assessment, testing, and customer support services for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) products.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform Section 508 testing of various ICT using the current version of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Trusted Tester Version 5 Section 508 Conformance Test Process and/or client approved assessment methods and test reporting tools and formats.
• Independently conduct Section 508 testing and remediation of electronic documents (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF) per the Accessibility Tests for Documents endorsed by the Federal CIO Council Community of Practice available on Section508.gov.
• Perform technical evaluations of Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR) deliverables, including reviewing vendor conformance claims and assigning an overall score consistent with agency technical guidelines.
• Clearly document testing results and identified Section 508 issues.
• Report on the government’s programmatic and technical Section 508 compliance to customers and stakeholders.
• Work with the rest of the client-facing consulting team to document Section 508 best practices.
To meet expectations, you must be able to:
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic, be open to learning new things, and continuously improve your digital accessibility knowledge and skills to support quality delivery to our clients.
• Work in a fast-paced environment, serving as a reliable source of answers for Section 508 questions.
• Work independently, with limited guidance and day-to-day oversight.
• Effectively communicate in writing as well as verbally in meetings with internal and external clients.
• Produce high-quality work products that meet or exceed client expectations.
• Deliver tasks on time and on budget.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• Certified as a DHS Section 508 Trusted Tester Version 5 (TTV5).
• 3+ years of information technology, content management, or other related experience.
• Solid understanding of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) accessibility principles, guidelines, and standards (Section 508, WCAG) and where to find relevant information in supporting technical specifications (HTML, WAI-ARIA)
• Hands-on experience using the DHS TTv5 evaluation tools as well as keyboard only, and Section 508 functional performance testing with assistive technologies (AT) such as the JAWS screen reader.
• Experience performing accessibility testing and remediation of electronic documents (Word, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.).
• Experience creating and/or reviewing ACR deliverables based on the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) reporting format.
• Experience setting up automated accessibility testing with one or more tools in an automated testing environment.
• Experience performing accessibility testing of software applications on Windows.
• Experience performing accessibility testing of eLearning/CBT modules and other instructional resources.
• Experience using the ServiceNow platform.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $74,600 - $143,700.
Test Planning & Implementation
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.