SR Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
Main location: United States, ALL
Position ID: J0923-0890
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - What we do matters
Love technology? We do too.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with a passion for solving problems to join our team in Northern California for an exciting opportunity on a growing Public Sector program. At CGI, you will solve challenging business problems as a full-time consultant serving local and enterprise clients.
We’re a close-knit team that works on a mission-driven public sector program. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a fast-paced Agile team all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers.
Growth at CGI is driven by your goals, so if you’re looking for an inclusive place where you’re empowered to chart your own path, then we’d love to meet you.
This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. however, preferred location is CA, WA, NV or TX. Preference is PST hours.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
How you’ll make an impact
• Strong business analyst that can lead and support the design of various components of a case management system under the guidance of SMEs and architects. Experience with case management systems desired but not required.
• Proven ability to design and develop business workflows, perform holistic analysis of business requirements including system impacts
• Strong requirements elicitation skills including ability to ask good questions based on high-level business requirements from the Client, think of out-of-the-box scenarios and come up with good system designs that meet the business requirements
• Familiar with the agile process including writing good features, user stories, acceptance criteria, developing epic roadmaps, and explaining the business goals and intent of features to technical staff such as developers and testers.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Superb oral and written communication skills. Can communicate clearly around tasks, impediments, and risks. Can lead demos of business features as necessary.
• Demonstrated follow-through and independence in tackling assigned work
• Strong knowledge of JIRA and Confluence. Exposure to Structure Roadmap is a huge plus.
• Prior State experience and experience with health and human services will be a huge plus.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and can juggle multiple priorities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
What you’ll bring
Minimum of 5+ years of experience with Business Analysis, Requirement Elicitation, writing user stories, and developing agile roadmaps
Minimum of 2+ years of agile experience
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $74,600 - $130,600."
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.