DevSecOps Engineer - U.S. Citizenship Required
DevSecOps Engineer - U.S. Citizenship Required
Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, ALL
Position ID: J0923-0713
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI leads a team to support and modernize multiple cloud-based systems supporting multi-agency case management using agile DevSecOps teams. We have built, maintained, and enhanced multiple solutions over the years for our client, deploying to AWS. The client repeatedly calls upon our experienced teams to address the latest challenges using new technology. To support our growth, we need DevSecOps Engineers that are willing to learn new technologies to enhance the existing systems while gaining an understanding of the client ecosystem. You will manage the deployment of all applications to the AWS cloud using Jenkins CI/CD pipelines, so understanding the importance of test driven development is key.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build CI/CD pipelines for microservices, applications, and supporting components
• Work to build standard CI/CD approaches across the supported teams and application portfolio
• Optimize system availability to minimize costs to USCIS while supporting all required teams
• Manage security requirements, including patching, to maintain existing security authorization
• Analyze system logs to perform root-cause analysis of performance or infrastructure issues
• Participate in design meetings with other projects and the client’s technical specialists
• Provide support for downstream testing efforts and defect resolution
• Work with other agile teams to effectively design, build, and deliver cloud-based solutions
• Work with other teams to coordinate integration testing across multiple (more than 3) teams
• Participate in daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint demos, and other agile ceremonies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• 4+ years of development experience in the Information Technology field focusing on development projects using DevSecOps, DevOps, and AWS
• Expert skills in Jenkins, GitHub, and Linux Administration
• Experience with Terraform
• Extensive experience building pipelines for AWS applications
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines for microservice applications
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines for Alfresco, Mulesoft, or Solr
• Experience with Amazon ECS or EKS
• AWS Certification
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $92,400 - $161,100
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.