Cloud Operations Engineer (AWS Production Support)
Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, ALL
Position ID: J0923-0886
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI is looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer in Production Support. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting production systems for a large Federal agency.
Under minimal supervision, provide operations support for office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software in a 24/7/365 environment supporting Cloud Operations. Position will require some work during non-traditional business hours to support largescale cloud platform that support mission critical applications, take point on end-to-end support and smooth operations of cloud based infrastructure, support change windows, incident response and resolution and other scheduled maintenance activities. Will be trained and required to follow Incident, Change and Problem standards. Individual will gain business and application knowledge through training, reporting and resolving Production incidents and inquiries.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
• Broad knowledge of the AWS platform, AWS Certification preferred.
• Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to AMIs, S3, IAM, AWS CLI, ECS, ALB, SQS, Cloud Watch and Cloudtrail.
• Experience with Docker and container orchestration.
• Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of systems, Backups, Restore and Disaster Recovery.
• System health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, SolarWinds, Nagios, Splunk and VictorOps).
• Strong experience in supporting large-scale batch jobs.
• Strong understanding of Linux
• Exceptional problem solving.
• Excellent communications and collaboration skills required to develop required security policies and share information with business and technology staff.
• Must have previous operations experience in cloud environments.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to lead technical discussions between stakeholders.
Working knowledge of the following:
• Remedy, ServiceNow or other ticketing system.
• Window O/S.
• Experience in support various phases of SDLC (Waterfall or Agile).
• Demonstrable knowledge of ITIL and or Service Management
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6-8 years of related experience on Production Support
• 2-3 years of related hands on experience on AWS
• Excellent technical abilities, which include the following: cloud methodologies like PaaS and SaaS programming languages like Python orchestration systems such as Chef IaaS servers PowerShell scripting and, Splunk are preferred.
• Experience with APM technologies such as New Relic and VictorOps.
• Experience in Splunk preferred
Bachelor Degree or equivalent preferred
Area of Study: Computer Science or IS/IT preferred
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000 - $146,900
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.