CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Test Automation Engineer in Alexandria, Virginia
Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Test Automation Engineer
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1020-2289
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As the Senior Test Automation Engineer, you will focus on developing, modifying, and executing automation and manual software test plans. Additionally, you will be analyzing and writing test standards and procedures and maintaining documentation of results. You will have the ability to work closely with Product Owners and Developers to analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing and/or improvements. Responsible for modification of existing programs, which are complex in nature.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design, expand, and maintain automated test suites
• Design test plans, scenarios, and cases to test new functionality and identify breaking issues
• Perform requirement analysis to create/update manual and automated test cases and test scripts
• Execute manual and automated testing
• Perform testing of ETL, Database, Java/backend, Web, and SOA based applications
• Champion quality throughout the SDLC
• Perform Section 508 accessibility testing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Five or more years of experience in a software-testing role
• A minimum of five years of experience coding and executing automated test scripts in an Agile development approach
• A minimum of five years of experience creating, enhancing, and executing automated test scripts using tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Test Complete or JUnit
• Experience testing products in multiple software browsers (i.e. Chrome, IE) in a Windows environment
• Experience with authoring defect reports with all required details
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with Section 508 accessibility testing using Chrome plug-in or similar tools
• Experience with JAWS or Dragon Naturally Speaking
• Experience with Postman or similar tools
• Experience with DevOps deployment using SVN/GIT, Jenkins, Maven.
• Experience with Unix and Window
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Solid understanding of QA and testing concepts
• Understanding/Experience with Netdata Open Toolset
• Understanding/Experience with UFT or Cypress
• Understanding/Experience with Grafana
• Understanding/Experience with Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud or Azure)
• Understanding/Experience with Spring boot
Test Case / Script Development
Test Planning & Implementation
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.