CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Business Analyst / Test Engineer in Alexandria, Virginia
Senior Business Analyst / Test Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Business Analyst / Test Engineer
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0520-0209
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Senior Business Analyst /Test Engineer to join our team at the client-site in Alexandria, VA. This position will expose the member to innovative market-leading tools, new methodologies and the interworking of enterprise applications and infrastructure.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Business Analyst /Test Engineer will:
• Assist with the functional solution design for enhancements to the custom application.
• Define requirements for new and existing microservices
• Develop test strategy/test plan, document test cases, and test scripts
• Work with developers to understand different environments and set up test data
• Execute manual/automated testing and verify that functionalities/application work as expected
• Develop end to end test scenarios, generate test reports/metrics
• Collaborate and participate in scrum/team meetings, work with the client and other contractors as necessary.
• Attend regular requirements meetings with project stakeholders to understand or define system functionality and enhancements
• Conduct end to end system testing including integration testing and document test results
• Maintain and update the Functional and Integrated Test Plan.
• Assist with ad-hoc issue analysis production issues
• Respond to data calls by collecting data from the system database and monitoring tools.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience in writing test cases and test plans and developing test scenarios.
• 5+ years of experience in a functional analyst, business analysts or technical analyst role.
• Ability to understand requirements and request clarifications as necessary.
• Previous experience with application troubleshooting or background that was in either Information Technology or software development is a requirement.
• Understanding of system design principals for data modeling, service-orientated architecture, and microservices
• The candidate should have experience in Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodology and work with tools like JIRA and/or CA Central.
• The candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand requirements and request clarifications as necessary to understand and follow the defect management processes.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage own schedule and time and meet stakeholder deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, strong critical thinking and good problem-solving skills
• Experience in troubleshooting applications and performing root cause analysis
• Project experience using DevOps methodologies
• Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics
• Experience working with F5 load balancers
• Experience reading and understanding Java and/or other Programming languages
- Automated Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.