CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS Full Stack Developer in Alexandria, Virginia
AWS Full Stack Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
AWS Full Stack Developer
Category: Project Management
City: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1120-0115
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is hiring a Full Stack Developer with experience implementing enterprise application in AWS to support a large program. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to join our team in Fairfax, VA/Alexandria, VA and grow your career with the 5th largest IT services provider in the world.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and develop accessible user interfaces conforming to Section 508 standards
• Design, implement and interface with RESTful web services
• Develop backend services in Java
• Write responsive user interfaces working on major browsers including Internet Explorer and Chrome
• Write unit test with high code coverage
• Interact with your team members and the government client using the Agile/DevOps methodology
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, and Physics or in an appropriate discipline.
• 10+ years of experience in implementing SOA using Java/J2EE technologies and hands-on experienced with Java 8
• 5+ years of experience implementing Web Services, including RESTful
• 5+ years of experience writing unit test code coverage using Karma, Jasmine, Junit and mocking framework or similar tools
• 3+ years development experience in AWS cloud (Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Auto scaling, SQS CloudFormation) and microservices
• Experience working with front-end tools and libraries such as LESS, SASS, Grunt, Bower, Node, and knowledge of Section 508
• Experience working with build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Maven or similar tools
• Experience working with SVN/Git, MySQL, Hibernate, Spring framework, Linux, JBoss/WildFly and Linux
• Experience with cloud-based environment
• Experience in Agile development methodologies
Nice to have
• Experience with AWS virtual private cloud, AWS import/export Snowball, AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudSearch, AWS Elastic Search, Amazon Simple Notification System
Agile & DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.