CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Technical Lead in Albany, New York
Find similar career opportunities
City: Albany, New York, United States
Position ID: J1118-0325
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI is seeking to hire a Technical Lead in support or our Public Sector Client in our Albany NY Offices.
The Technical Lead will be responsible for all aspects of the technical solution delivery supporting the client and virtual development team. This will include design, development, testing, and establishing an internal data sharing agreement.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting business development and proposal development as well as preparing project estimates and defining the technical approach in response to RFP requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 6 years of experience Leading software and systems design and construction.
• 6+ years of hands-on development experience / expert at Java/J2EE development, JPA development, Spring Boot, Spring Data, JMS
• 2+ years of experience with Bootstrap
• 2+ years of experiences with MVC framework (Angular, Vuejs)
• Experience with REST
• 6+ years of experience in with SQL
• Ability to elicit and map requirements to develop detailed design documents
• Demonstrated technical leadership, analysis, design and modern architecture skills
• Responsible for fixing all major defects and technical issues
• Implementing data systems that pull information from existing disparate data sources
• Experience analyzing and understanding data relationships between sources and destination
• Excellent communication and managerial skills to engage and influence multiple stakeholder groups.
• Excellent technical documentation skills
• Experience with public sector clients
• Experience in reporting using BI tools ie: IBM Cognos, as well as data architecture, data modeling and interfacing with data in Java/Oracle systems
Education Required: University Bachelor’s Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.