Call Center Specialist - Hybrid position in Albany, NY
Call Center Specialist - Hybrid position in Albany, NY
Main location: United States, New York, Albany
Position ID: J0623-0072
Employment Type: Full Time
*Must be able to work in our CGI Office 2 days a week to be considered for this position.
CGI Federal, a wholly owned subsidiary of CGI, and an industry leader in providing support and services to industry stakeholders by addressing Section 8 Project Based inquiries. CGI is looking for an Operations minded Call Center Specialist located in Albany, NY. This is a fast-paced and results driven environment. The ideal candidate thrives in a work environment that provides a great deal of autonomy and values independent leadership that motivates others to achieve outstanding results.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
1) Receive and respond to large volumes of assigned calls, documenting systems with written communication and supporting documents, in accordance with the HUD Annual Contribution Contract (ACC) Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL) and CGI internal timeframes.
2) Call follow-ups to confirm resolution based on appropriate action on behalf of caller and management.
3) Working with other departments at various locations as it relates to resolutions associated with call investigations.
4) Portfolio Management, responsible for the day-to-day management activities, reviewing reports to meet internal and external AQL, staying abreast of project knowledge, and escalating issues in a timely manner.
5) Setting personal goals and objectives to meet weekly and quarterly tasks.
6) Effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders, including government or commercial clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
*Must be able to work in our CGI Office 2 days a week.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team. They must possess and demonstrate portfolio management experience, organizational ability, problem solving and analytical skills as it pertains to HUD-Subsidized Multifamily Housing Programs. The candidate must have a history in effective communications and a proven record of accomplishment of superior operations and production management.
1) Associate degree in business
2) 1-3 years’ experience within a Call Center environment
3) Experience with interpreting and understanding government guidelines
4) Proven ability to manage a portfolio workload within short timelines
5) Excellent analytical skills and strong decision making abilities
6) Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
7) Ability to multi-task in fast-paced, production environment and meet operational goals
8) Intermediate proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
9) Due to the nature of this US Government contract, US Citizenship is required
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $15.86 - $26.20.
Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.