CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AIT Hardware Support Specialist in Albany, Georgia
AIT Hardware Support Specialist
Find similar career opportunities
AIT Hardware Support Specialist
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Albany, Georgia, United States
Position ID: J1218-0543
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a highly motivated, process oriented AIT Hardware Support Specialist to join the CGI Team in Albany, GA. The AIT Hardware Support Specialist will configure, install, maintain and operate Automated Information Technology devices in support of an automated inventory capture and reporting system. Devices will include wireless access points, pRFID readers and antennas, tablet computers, barcode scanners, raspberry PI’s and pRFID printers. This list will grow as new technologies are integrated into the platform.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Working under the supervision of the Information Technology Manager and in collaboration of the Network Engineer:
• Configure, install, troubleshoot and maintain infrastructure and end user devices to include operating systems and required software.
• Maintain configuration management documentation of all devices.
• Ensure the availability and operation of hardware devices to the system.
• Maintain equipment lists necessary to define standardized assembly od hardware/software suites and identify compatibility issues between components.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Able to lift over 50 lbs.
• Able to stand/walk in excess of 4 hours at a time
• Proficiency in the use standard office automation tools and software.
• Skilled proficiency utilizing and troubleshooting various Operating Systems to include Windows and LINUX
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware, software, peripherals and network issues
• Excellent problem resolution skills with ability to properly and successfully address customer needs / requests
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot computer / network related issues.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Ability to effectively work both independently and in a team environment
• Pays close attention to detail.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Applicants must be able to obtain DoD Secret clearance after starting employment
• Knowledge of ITIL terminology and best practices
• 2 -3 years of AIT Installation experience
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 certification.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.